Sunday, March 04, 2007

1 John 2:28

1 John 2:28 - And now, dear children, remain in fellowship with Christ so that when he returns, you will be full of courage and not shrink back from him in shame. (NLT)

I recently left a job that I had held for over 4.5 years. In some ways I was glad to leave. There were certainly a few reasons for me to want to leave. Darryl has recently written that our enthusiasm for Christ's return can be an indication of our walk. Luke 12:34 backs this up by asking where our treasure is. But I want to extend this challenge, because I know some people who are looking forward to Christ's return for the simple reason that they're a little down with this world and would like an easy out! But no-one wants to have a reference which says "They didn't seem to want to be here - they had a job to do but they just sat around wishing they were elsewhere!"

So be ready for his return. Do your best in your current role, and anticipate your next career move with excitement.

No comments: