Friday, March 30, 2007

John 17:23

John 17:23 - ...May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me... (NLT)

Of course, anyone who knows how the church works will probably know that 'perfect unity' is somewhat rare. But I know that when I meet other Christians, we seem to have a bond. I am still very good friends with Ryan, a Christian friend from my university days. We rarely see each other, but we're brothers. Recently he put his church website together, and that's cool. Seems that's a popular thing for Christians in IT to do.

John the Baptist recognised Jesus, before either of them born. I don't recognise other Christians quite that effectively, but I'm generally not surprised when I find out that someone's a fellow believer. Maybe trout-fishers have a similar experience when they meet other trout-fishers, but I'm not sure they do.

What can you do to promote unity? Not on a worldwide scale, but between you and those you come into contact with regularly.

No comments: