Monday, October 02, 2006

2 Corinthians 5:16

2 Corinthians 5:16 - So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. (NIV)

It's interesting. When you become a Christian, you really do look at people differently. Actually, I'm not sure about that, because I don't remember ever not being a Christian. But I know that some non-Christian friends of mine really consider someone people a waste of space. I honestly don't feel that way about people. Everyone is worthwhile. Christ didn't just die for the valuable people, but for the 'wastes of space' too.

For developers, there's an interesting connection. We have to consider that everyone is a potential user of the systems we put together. This should make us much more interested in them than if we weren't developers. I'm not saying we should code for the lowest denominator, but we should consider everyone a client, and treat them accordingly.

No comments: