Friday, October 20, 2006

Proverbs 2:11

Proverbs 2:11 - Discretion will guard you, understanding will watch over you (NASB).

It's 6:22pm on a Friday night and I'm still at work. I've just reinstalled my PocketPC, because it was refusing to connect to the new Exchange server at work. I wished a friend who has been in Australia for the last fortnight a good trip back to Israel, and I'm keen to go home soon.

Discretion will guard me. Other translations say Wise Choices or Good Sense. I think this comes down to the way we handle ourselves with others. When I get home, I will try to find ways to make sure the house is ready for when my wife gets home at about 9pm (the kids are at a birthday party that finishes late). But I also need to finish off a document or two. I guess this is one of those situations where wise choices can come into play. I can be at work late because I have nothing to pull me home. But I need to make the choice to go home earlier more often. That's the kind of discretion that will help guard my marriage.

No comments: