Monday, October 09, 2006

Psalm 23:1

Psalm 23:1 - The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. (NLT)

It's true, I do have all that I need. Other versions say "I'll not want". Except that it doesn't typically feel like I have all that I need, and I do want for stuff. I don't chase money or fame, that kind of thing, but there are lots of things that I feel like I want. Even worldly things, like a smaller mortgage, or a stronger back. But when I read scriptures like this one today, I find it really good to reflect that actually, I do have all that I need. If I were to die with things the way they are right now, then I will be with God, and be happy forever. That doesn't stop me wanting change, wanting to be more effective, wanting to achieve... but my needs are most definitely met. Thanks, Lord.

No comments: