Friday, October 27, 2006

Luke 15:7

Luke 15:7 - "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." (NASB)

This gets me. Who doesn't need repentance? Presumably he's talking here about people who are already saved, because otherwise surely they're not righteous, and they do need repentance. But perhaps he's talking about people who consider themselves to be in that bracket, where they really are or not. People who aren't saved, and don't even consider they need to be.

I think the thing that makes heaven rejoice is repentance full-stop. We are all sinners, so whenever someone repents (that is, turn from a life without Christ to a life with Christ), that's cause for celebration. And I agree - that's a great thing. I encourage you, if you don't know Christ - get to know him!

No comments: